Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, February 21, 2005

Princess?!?! How egocentric!

For those of you who don't know me well, you're probably thinking I am immature or egotistical, based on the title of this page alone. Let me explain...

A few years ago, after my divorce was final, I was a little nervous about getting back into the dating scene. I was sitting around with some friends, being silly, and exclaimed, "I just want to be treated like a princess!" At the same time I was working at The Jungle Cruise in Disney's The Magic Kingdom. The nicname Princess JJ (Jungle Jessie) sorta' evolved and stuck.

Soon after, I received a license plate as a birthday gift that read "Princess Daughter of the King" on it. I thought it was absolutely perfect. I am a princess! God is my heavenly father, the ruler and creator of the universe, the King yesterday, today, and FOREVER!!

As far as romantic relationships go, I should be treated like a princess--is that too much to ask? I think not! If I am the daughter of the one and only King, why shouldn't every man acknowledge that I am a princess...in His eyes?

Not so egocentric anymore, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home