Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, February 21, 2005

What's Up?!?!

So...

I am officially going back to grad school. Well, I've officially applied to UCF's Reading Education program. I sent in my application, transcripts, and fees. Now I am working on the FAFSA (remember that crappy thing?) to see what funds I am eligible for. The last step is the one I am dreading: the GRE!! I bought a book and registered for practice tests online, but I am really nervous. Way back in middle school I took some standardized tests and did really bad. I actually tested remedial in everything. That was very difficult for a young honors kid to take. Thankfully I had teachers that really knew I was better at school than remedial level, so they pushed for me to be in all the top classes. Since then, I've had a mental block about standardized tests--they freak me out. I need to just stop procrastinating and get my butt into gear.

I am still teaching at Freedom High School. You may have seen my school in the paper recently. One of my collegues was teaching a lesson in Chemistry and one of his (and my) students went home and tried it out. Well, apparently he did a really good job and when the police asked him about it, he blamed it on his chemistry teacher. I don't know exactly how it all has been playing out, but I do know that national media has made it to be worse than it actually is. Poor guy!!

Anyway, my school year started out pretty stressfully this year but I know this is where God wants me for the moment. I am learning so much from fellow teachers, and just the system itself. I am becoming the teacher I've always imagined myself to be. I am currently teaching 5 English II Honors classes, and 1 FCAT (intensive reading) class. I have a good group of kids this year but they love to test me. 10 school days until FCAT!!!!!!!!!

I've been working with the marching band at my school, and truly enjoy it. I guess you can say I'll always be a band geek!!

I am still involved at CrossPointe. I recently stepped down from my Celebration Arts Director position. It just wasn't the place God wanted me. I served in the capacity that was needed, but now God has someone even better for the job. Congrats Chris!! I am really excited about our new director--he is absolutely perfect for the job. I'd rather focus more of the musical side anyway.

I finally joined a small group: From Water To Worship (read the story of the woman at the well). I LOVE IT!! God has really blessed me with a group of women that can challenge and love on me. It is exactly what I've been needing. I mean, I have friends and family that do that, but this group takes it to a whole new level. I am so excited about what God is going to do with the group!!

Phil and I are still together, and very happy. It's been about a year and a half (including the few months hiatus we took). I think this is the most mature relationship I've ever been in. We don't play games and we're very honest with each other. Phil teaches me to not take everything so personally, and to look at the positive side of things--two things I have always struggled with. He encourages me in so many areas of my life, as well as looks beyond my past (something I was very worried about when I became single again). Not to mention, he treats me like the princess I am.

I guess that's it for the update part of this journal for now. I am really excited about what God is doing. And to think: His plan is nowhere near complete!! That's something this Princess is really excited about, being a work in progress! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home