Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Thank You for the Honor

This week I was voted as the Freedom High School representative for LATOYA (Language Arts Teacher of the Year Award). Two teachers from each school are chosen, one beginning teacher and one experienced teacher. I was voted as the experienced teacher, which means I am getting old. I had to rush to put a packet together that is representative of me and my educational practices and philosophies. Three of my students wrote fantastic and heart-touching recommendations. My principal wrote a recommendation that brought tears to my eyes. My department chair wrote a letter, but I am not sure what it said because it had to be placed in a sealed envelope. Due to the quick-timing, my principal personally took it downtown for me. I am now in the running for the county winner. I'll find out in August. Stayed tuned!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Panner said…

    That's great Jess! You should feel honored. : ) Good luck at the next level.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home