Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Friday, July 29, 2005

Band Camp

I just returned home from the premiere of this season's field show. The kids did an awesome job! They accomplished learning the entire opener. For those of you who are new to the marching band realm, a field show usually consists of three songs, music and drill (the pictures that are formed on the field). During band camp, you have two weeks to teach all the rookie members how to march, read drill, and the process of putting what's on paper out on a football field. You also have to refresh the veteran members' minds of the same stuff. I was amazed all week at how hard these kids worked--they are a whole new band. I am so excited about this season and can't wait to see which of the kids end up in my class this year. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get some good ones.

P.S. Teachers go back to school in three days. AHHHH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home