Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

OUCH

On Sunday morning, I was leaving my house, going to church. It was roughly 7:00 am. Phil was walking behind me, and we were coming down the stairs outside of my apartment. All of a sudden, I slipped down the last three stairs and landed flat on my back and hit my head! It sounds funny but these were concrete stairs! The first thing that came to mind, was, "OMG, did I break a rib?" Phil rushed down to help me up because I couldn't stand up. It took me a little while to catch my bearings (and my breath), and eventually I was able to stand up straight again. I was running late and really needed to get to church (I was CAD). Phil walked me to my car, helped me in (because I couldn't really move well), and then went back to my apartment to get some Aleeve (he knew I would need it soon because of the impact of my skull on the stairs). Somehow I made it to church, but it was very painful. I was not in the best of spirits but I got through both services.

Finally church was over and I was able to go home to rest. I got changed and sat down to relax and eat lunch. Fatigue (and pain) started setting in and I needed a nap. Instead of taking a nap, Melanie and Phil convinced me to let Phil take me to the doctor to get my back checked out. I was very hesitant because I am quickly running out of dinero and there is still one month until my next paycheck. I gave in and let Phil drive me to the doctor. We sat there for an hour and paid $35.00 just so that the doctor could tell me that I am fine. She also said that I will swell and bruise, and Monday would be miserable for me. Well, Monday was ok, Tuesday was miserable, and today I am almost back to myself.

Lesson: Uhhhh...shave every morning because you never know when you're going to need to go to the doctor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home