Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Great Harry Potter Disappointment

For the past month or so I've been plodding through the fifth Harry Potter book. I bought it two years ago when it first came out, but I've been putting off reading it because of its daunting 870 pages--it's not a problem to read, in fact it is an easy read, but in my mind I can read some many other books in the same amount of time. Anyway, I've been trying to get through this book so that I can read the sixth book which came out last week.

I went out of town this weekend, giving me an opportunity to finish the book. Sunday night, as we pulled into Orlando, I finally finished book #5.

Even though I have been very excited to read the 6th book, I decided to put it off until after the school year began so that I can get some reading for school completed. Great plan right? WRONG! I've had to dodge people talking about the surprise ending so that it's not ruined for me. Well, I returned to band camp yesterday. I noticed that the drumline all had home-made shirts on so I began reading the writing. Someone warned me that if I haven't gotten to the end of the book, don't read the drumline's t-shirts. Ok, easy enough...just steer clear of the drumline. Rehearsal ends, the band director starts talking to the band right before dismisal. The next thing I know, he is reading the drumline's t-shirts outloud over the microphone, completely ruining the end of the book for everyone who has not gotten there yet!!

Even though I am a bit peeved, I must say that was quite a stunt. Go Drumline!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    That's horrifying! I can't believe someone would do that. What kind of pleasure can someone get through ruining someone else's surprise?
    The good thing is that HP books are such a pleasure to read that it really doesn't matter if you know how they end.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home