Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Sunday, March 06, 2005

FCAT Anxiety

Well, we've come to FCAT week. For those of you who are not familiar, the FCAT is the state-wide assessment test. Students in the tenth grade must pass the reading and math sections in order to graduate high school. I teach tenth grade English. The state (and county) tends to use these test results tend to be used as accountability for the schools and the teachers. I am sure you can guess the amont of stress I am under right now.

Phil's been awesome--he realizes how much stress this is for me. He cooked dinner tonight and went shopping with me this afternoon. He has MPA on Saturday, so it'll be my turn to help him out. MPA is the Music Performance Assessment that all bands in the state have to go through. He's a great and well-respected director so I am sure he will get a very high rating.

I talk to Vi this afternoon. I miss them soooo much. I think we're going to go down South during Spring Break to visit with everyone for a day or two.

Does anyone know how to Salsa dance? I think Phil and I are going to try that out. We were inspired after going to City Walk this weekend with Steve and Mel. BTW, the Jazz club is jazz only by name--not by music. Each club has their won theme but they all played the same music--hip hop. The ony one that seemed like fun was the Salsa club and the piano bar. Not so sure we'll be venturing out there anytime soon.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep, or at least try to sleep. Tomorrow is the first of three test days. I'll write soon. MUAH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home