Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Saturday, May 07, 2005

I've Been Robbed!!

Ok, so the weirdest, creepiest thing happened to me:

About two weeks ago (after looking at my calendar, I think it might have been April 20th), I came home from work. I was in a rush to get somewhere else and was basically making a pit stop (if my assumptions are correct, I was probably on my way to worship rehearsal). When I went to unlock my front door, I noticed that it felt like it was already unlocked. I walked into the house and the laundry room door was open. I found this odd because I always close that particular door or else Browni will get into the trash. I walked toward my bathroom and noticed that the door was closed and the light was on. Again this struck me as odd because I always shut that door (another trash can Browni likes to get into), and I am a freak about saving electricity so I am pretty sure I turned that light off. Not only that, but it is dark when I leave the house for work and I would've noticed if the light was still on. I nervously approached the bathroom door and totally expected someone to jump out and scare me when I opened it. The thought that maybe Phil was in my apartment playing a trick on me crossed my mind. I opened the bathroom door, found no one inside, looked toward the shower curtain, but didn't push it back because I figured it was just my over-active imagination playing tricks on me (we had recently seen The Amityville Horror and there is a scary scene in the bath tub). Still sorta nervous, I turned around, went toward my bedroom, and opened the door. I looked in my room and noticed that my closet light was on. It made me nervous at first because one of the scariest scenes in Amityville takes place in a closet (I know, I know, completely stupid but I can't help it), but then I got over it because I often forget to turn my closet light off. As I quickly left my apartment, heading toward rehearsal, I had an unsettling feeling that someone was in my apartment waiting for me to leave. These feelings were pushed into the back of my mind, but hadn't totally left me.

This morning I got up to get ready for a bridal shower. I went to go plug in my digital camera so it could charge while I was getting ready. My expensive digital camera was gone! Not only was the camera gone, but the entire set-up: the camera, the charging dock, and all the cords that connect to the computer! I looked all around my desk and the area where I normally store everything. I looked around my house and in my bags. Nothing! I called Phil to ask if he had seen it or if he had borrowed it. Nope! I called my family to see if I had let them borrow it. Nope! I talked to Melanie to see if I had left it there, even though I knew I had left it home on Girls' Night Out. Nope! Now I was getting really freaked out. The thought of that day a few weeks ago crept into the forefront of my mind, causing me to feel really creepy.

I went to the office of my apartment complex to report what had happened. I knew there was nothing they could do, but I wanted to know if anyone else had reported something missing. The only people who have access to my apartment, other than Phil and myself, are the maintenance people. The office told me to report it to the police.

After the bridal shower, I called OPD to find out what my options are. They filed a report for me. I am not sure what is going to happen but I feel really weird being in my apartment now. I went back to the office to give them the police report number. They are going to talk to management to find out what they can do for me. If nothing else, I want my locks changed.

Thinking back, I wonder what would've happened if I had moved back the shower curtain. I wonder if someone was back there...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I'm glad nothing happened to you. Get your locks changed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home