Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A New Perspective

Earlier in the week, the faculty was told that the son of one of our deans would be going in for surgery. Later that day, we were told that the doctors decided not to operate as they had found a large mass on a vital organ. They were worried about harming the organ so decided to do tests to figure out the next step to take. The next day we were told that the mass was indeed cancer. I am not sure where exactly it is located (I've heard the liver and the stomach), but the child is going to have to receive aggressive chemotherapy. This child is four years old! I cannot imagine the pain he is feeling, or the emotions his parents are experiencing.

This got me thinking...

I am a worrier. I am not sure why, but I have always been that way. I tend to react and then think rationally. As a child, my mother would say, "Stop worrying. God is in control." As an adult, I've heard pastors teach, "Let go and let God. Don't worry about it, He is in control." Even as a teacher, I've found myself telling my students, "Don't stress over it, that will only make it worse." Yet I still worry.

As I have been sitting here, pondering and praying for this family and others close to me that have been experiencing health issues and death recently, I have come to the realization that my problems are so insignificant. Sure, my financial situation and my grad school anxiety are very stressful, but I am alive and healthy. I have family and friends that love me very much. I have a boyfriend that would go to the ends of the earth for me. I have a solid, successful career. I have been blessed with amazing talents. And best of all, I have a God who loves me so much, He sent His son to die for my sins.

I am beginning to have a new perspective on my life. I guess my mother was right, He is in control. Now that's something to think about!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a quick note to say I enjoy reading your blogs. Some of the things you say are inspiring to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home