Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Ladies, All the Ladies!!

Every other Thursday night I go to my small group, From Water to Worship. Last Thursday, I was rushing around, trying to get my dog ready to be dropped off at my mom's house and getting myself ready for small group. I sat down for a quick sec to check my email when I got an instant message from Lauren. Lauren is never online so my original thought was that something was wrong or there was some sort of emergency. Nah, she just wanted to invite me over to spend some time with her and Melanie. I was debating because I was really looking forward to group but at the same time, I rarely get to spend time with Melanie AND Lauren at the same time. I decided to call the group and go spend some time with my ladies.

We ended up spending about 4 hours together. One of our other friends stopped by and spent some time with us as well. We goofed off, we played with all the babies, we laughed, we played Phase 10 (or was it Shanghi?)--we just had a good night together. As I was driving home, I thought about our time together. It wasn't what you would consider a traditional small group, but at different points in the evening, we were either fellowshipping or ministering to each other. It was so good. I was ministered to by just being around good female friends. It's rare that I have the opportunity to just stop all my school or church responsibilities, and even more rare that I am out with the ladies.

I thank God for these women. We've all had strains in our relationships--all four of us. But honestly, I think it is those strains that have made us closer. We are all at different points in our lives: One friend has been married for almost 5 years; another has two young children and has been married for 5 years; another has been married for two years and is raising three young children; I have been married, divorced, career-minded, and trying to get into grad school. We all have very hard-working men in our lives that love us very much. We learn from each other, pray for each other, and love each other.

Ladies, thank you for being the women God has made you to be. I cherish the time we spent together the other night and look forward to more nights like that. We need to make a point of spending more time together. I love you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home