Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, May 22, 2006

Update

Well, this week closes another school year!! WOOHOO!! This year was a really good one for me--I think it has been my strongest year so far. We got our writing scores back and none of mine failed. We haven't received reading scores, so I am not sure what my gains are yet; still crossing my fingers. My school is sending me to vast amounts of training this summer, therefore making me incapable to work or go to grad school. I am getting trained in a writing program that we are piloting, AP training in Dallas, TX, and AVID training in Atlanta, GA. I am very excited about all these opportunities. Plus, all the alone time in hotels will give me the time to catch up on my leisure reading. :-)

Grad school is going well. I finished my second semester with straight A's. I am doing better now as a grad student with a full-time job and a life than when I had all the time in the world as an undergrad. If all goes well, I will finish my degree next summer. That means next July I will be celebrating my honeymoon, my graduation, and my 30th birthday. That will be AWESOME!!!

The wedding planning is going well. It gets a bit frustrating at times, but I think we've narrowed down our options. Thank God I have Phil to help me because he as into the planning as I am and he notices all the little money "thigs" that I miss. I think we've pretty much decided on a venue but we have one more outdoor possibility to look at today. Our goal is to have a contract signed by the end of the week. We've also added one more person to each side of the wedding party, making a grand total of five on each side! One of Phil's best friends is a girl, and he really wants to include her, so I've asked Brian M. to stand up on my side. So does that make him a bride's man? Hmm... I'm not going to make him wear a dress, although that would be humorous for all those around.

We went to our first bridal show yesterday. HOLY CRAP!! Even I was a bit overwhelmed by all the "stuff" and crazy women. If they had a man's lounge, I think I would've gone to sit in there for a little while. My favorite party was tasting the cake. Yummm. Oh, and I won a tiara. How perfect--a tiara for a princess.

We are hoping to get our engagement pictures done this week. Once those are available, I'll send the link to everyone. This whole process is going to be lots of fun, so there will be lots of updates.

More to follow...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girlfriend! I told you that you always win things at the bridal shows. Keep going and remember that Chocolate Traditions is the only place to get the choco-fount. Stay though the end for all of those last minunte door prizes, even if it means hitting the bar and coming back.
    As for poor Brian being a bridesman, you can always get another girl on your side and have her walk with Phil's girl. Look what we put my guys through!

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Panner said…

    Jess-I canĀ“t wait for the wedding! I am honored to be included. : ) It will be fun to walk with your guy friend. So I am wearing a dress?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home