Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Saturday, March 26, 2005

My Very Own Faith Story

Isn't there a saying about how things will always get worse before they get better? Well, I posted the other day about how I was stressed over finances, and yesterday it got worse. My dog has been sick for the past few days. She is pretty old (10 1/2 in human years) and losing some of her energy. She has developed a hot spot on her back and it is getting worse. After doing a little research, I finally came to the conclusion that I am going to have to take her to the vet. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but when you have no money...

Well, after I got sad about my dog and then began stressing about money again, I hopped on the internet and did a little more research. I worked at Sylvan Learning Center last summer--it wasn't a bad job, but when you teach all day long at summer school or marching band, it's not exactly the idea of the perfect way to end your evening. I looked around online and found two centers closer to my home and school (I worked in Casselberry last year and it took forever to drive). I polished up my resume, wrote an email and contacted the two centers. Last year it took a few weeks before someone contacted me about an interview. Around noon today, I got a phone call. It was one of the centers! They want to interview me ASAP! They are happy to see that I am already trained and certified by Sylvan so, if I get hired, they'll only have to refresh my memory on some things. AND, the person that is interviewing me used to work at my school last year, so I already know her. I am so excited! My appointment is for this Tuesday, so we'll see what happens.

For the past few weeks I've been reading and listening to stories about faith and how God blesses people who show faithfulness. Now I have my very own story!! YAY GOD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home