Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Stuart, FL

A few weeks ago, Phil and I decided that we needed some time away. The craziness of the end of the school year has been really wearing us out. We both skipped school on Friday, with permission of course, and headed down to Stuart, FL.

On Friday night, we went to the SFHS Band Banquet. Phil was a "special guest." It was nice to be able to see some of our former students. The kids were so excited to see Phil. It is very obvious that he has really made an impact on their lives. After the banquet, we drove around Stuart, Jensen Beach, and Port St. Lucie. Our original intent was to find something to do, but quickly realized that Small Town U.S.A. shuts down around 9 o'clock at night. So we ended up at The Ale House (cause we've never been there before, wink-wink). When we walked in, the first person I saw was another former student. He and I talked for a little bit. He caught me up on what everyone's been up and I told him about Orlando. He was laughing at me because he can tell from the way I talk that I work in the ghetto. It was funny.

On Saturday, we were able to sleep late. That felt so good--much needed rest!! We then drove back into Stuart and went downtown to have lunch. Clark and Vi met us at T.A. Verns and had lunch with us. Then we went for ice cream and walked around, visiting some of the shops. Phil and I went for a walk along the intercoastal before heading over to Clark and Vi's house. Probably the only thing I miss about living in Stuart (other than people) is the ocean. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with the sun shining and the wind blowing. The smell of the ocean and the feel of the sea spray...PERFECT!!

We stopped by Clark and Vi's house before heading up to Vero Beach (Vi wanted me to see the redecorating they've been working on). We went to dinner with a couple of Phil's friends. I usually don't do too well around his friends because they are all band directors, and I can only take so much band-talk, but I actually had fun. Then we headed back to O-Town.

The weekend was great--we got to see former students, and visit old friends and places. The only thing that was hard was being back in the place where my marriage ended. I know I talked a lot about Adam and things that happened while I was living there. I tried not to talk too much, but it was hard to avoid it. As we drove back, Phil and I discussed some things and I realized just how different this relationship is and how happy I am with him. God has grown me tremendously since I've left S. Florida. I needed to be here in Orlando for that growth to take place. It's amazing what you learn from ghost stories. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home