Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E! Florida State! Florida State! Florida State, Wooo!!

This weekend Phil took me to Tallahassee for my first FSU homegame. For those of you who may not know, Phil went to FSU to earn his Master's Degree. I have been to an FSU game twice before, but one was when I was marching with the UCF Knights and the other I saw at UF. So I've been to a game before, but never as a spectator.

Phil met me at my house very early, 7 a.m.-ish (I say "ish" because he was almost an hour late!). Then we drove four hours to the state capital. The closer we got to the campus, the more excited Phil became--it was kinda' cute. When we got into town, we met up with Janice (a friend of Phil's), Mike (Janice's brother), and Jon (another friend of Phil's). We had lunch at a sub shop and then walked to the FSU sports complex. One thing about Tallahassee is that everything is close enough to walk so we barely drove anywhere. We walked over to the complex to watch the Marching Chiefs warm up. I don't care what anyone says, UCF is better! Go Knights!


Anyway, once the warm up was over, we went over to the stadium for the game. Phil was so excited. We watched the football team warm up and then the Chiefs came out for pre-game. I took pics of the band, but there are on my phone and don't look very good. At first I was pretty bored with the game, and resorted to people-watching. After a little while Phil started explaining the game to me. As the game progressed, I was able to follow quite closely. By 4th quarter, I was cheering and yelling. Even though the Seminoles lost, the game was still a lot of fun.

Once the game ended, we ventured over to where the Chiefs sit. Of course Phil knew tons of people, so we had to stand around and talk. He was able to catch up with some of his former students. Then we walked back to Janice's house. We dropped our stuff off and headed to a local sports bar to meet up with everyone. We ate, drank, laughed, and watched more football. It was fun! As the evening wound down, we went to Jon's house to get some shut-eye. We woke up (too) early the next morning and had breakfast with Jon. After breakfast, we watched more football. Needless to say, I am footballed out!

In mid-afternoon, before heading home, we drove over to the FSU campus. Phil showed me where everything is. It is actually a very pretty school. I knew it had once been an all-girls school, but I had no idea that it is over 100 years old! After being all tourist-like and taking a few photos,we finally make the drive home.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable weekend. It felt good being away from Orlando and meeting new people. Thanks everyone for such a great time.


Oh, and I did not take the pictures in this entry, Janice did. Thanks Janice! If you want to see photos that I took, click on "My Photo Albums" on the right sidebar of this page. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Panner said…

    Great entry Jess! I had so much fun too. : ) I wouldn't want Phil to be with anyone else but you-you make a great couple.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home