Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Things I Wish I'd Known Before I'd Gone Out Into The World

A friend emailed this to me today:

Things I wish I'd known before I'd gone into the world:

  • A person needs only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
  • When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste.
  • The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship: "I apologize" and "You are right."
  • Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
  • When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.
  • If he or she says that you are too good for him -- believe it.
  • I've learned to pick my battles; I ask myself, "Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?"
  • Never pass up an opportunity to pee.
  • If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!
  • Living well really is the best revenge.
  • Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just proves that the other person was right about you.
  • Be really nice to your friends because you never know when you are going to need them to empty your bed pan and hold your hand.
  • And finally... Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect; it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home