Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

$tre$$ing

I am sitting here at my computer, working on my finances, quickly realizing when you have no money, it's hard to do anything.

At the beginning of our church's 40 Days of Faith campaign, I decided that I would give to CrossPointe regularly (I am used to just giving whenever I feel like it). I've been really trying to be faithful with my finanaces: giving each paycheck, not eating out as much, not shopping, saving a little bit, etc... Well, even though I am paying things off, I am still living paycheck to paycheck!! I cannot figure it out. Summer is quickly approaching and I have nothing saved up. Once again I am going to have to work this summer. I am hoping on getting a summer school assignment, but there are no guarantees (and the pay is lower during the summer than during the school year). Everyone asks why I don't get my paychecks deferred throughout the school year. People don't realize how little teachers actually make!! Between all the expenses of living on your own, leftover debt from a dissolved marriage, the student loans taken out to get a college degree, and the dang gasoline prices, I don't know how I can afford to continue being a teacher. I've gone into more debt as a teacher, than when I was a student!! CRAZINESS!!

I won't even start on Grad school expenses...

Anyway, I have continued to be faithful with my money but I am starting to get to the picking-and-choosing bills to pay stage...LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!

If anyone hears of any summer employment opportunities, please send the info my way.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know about stress and money and know it can be hard. I know you'll get through it. I will pray for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home