Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Servant's Heart

In my small group we are doing a study on the heart of a servant. Today's bible reading is Ephesians 4:11-13: It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

As I sit here and ponder these verses, the phrase unity in the faith jumps out at me. God gives all of us specific talents and abilities to help glorify his kingdom. One gift intertwines with another to make this body unite. That is too cool!!

I recently took a spiritual gifts test. My highest gift is administration, but my lowest gift is giving. I take that as I am really good at organizing events and schedules, but without the people who give time and money, there would be nothing to schedule because the church wouldn't be able to afford to hold events. What a concept!! We all work together to spread His word and the bring glory to His name.

God has been convicting me in this area. I am always the first to voice my opinion on the worship team, but I don't spend enough time praying for the function of the team, for the members of the team, for the leaders of the team, and ultimately His goal for the team. Without that prayer and support, there will be no team to be a part of. I need to take on my role as an administrator and set an example of prayer for the rest of my teammates. I need to offer my gifts to the leaders, to help make their job easier. WOW!! Thanks God!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home