Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, June 20, 2005

Bowling is the Bomb!!

So I learned a very important lesson this weekend: you MUST make time for your girlfriends. That is honestly the only way to keep a well-balanced life. I went bowling with a small group of ladies from church and we had an absolute blast!! My bowling game was horrid but the female bonding was great!!

I have never felt very close to women except for in a few instances. I've always had my best girlfriends, but my closest relationships have always been with guy friends (not as in a boyfriend whom you date). I have often had walls up around women. I'm not quite sure why. I've never been physically, emotionally, or mentally abused by a woman. A really close woman in my life has ever died. I have a good realtionship with my mother and sisters...I just don't know. I have had rocky relationships with women, and I am a women so I know how catty, petty and dramatic we tend to be. That's the only reason I have for shutting women out.

Anyway, in my small group we've talked about the desire to have close relationships with other women and have all been trying really hard to trust women and to be held accountable by women. I have been able to feel these bonds tighten with these women. Some of us have been challenging each other to strengthen our relationship with Christ. We've been hanging out together more, and we've been brainstorming ideas of ways to get other women involved in our group.

I have been blessed by this small group of girls. Thank you God for bringing such amazing women into my life!! Ladies, please continue to challenge me and force me to grow. I love the example that you have set before me. I hope these relationships continue to grow and carry on over the next few years. Who knows, maybe some of you will be in my wedding (if I ever get married again). Love ya!!!! MUAH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home