Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Thursday, June 02, 2005

New Group, Same Spot

Last Friday, Phil and I were invited to spend some time with a new group of people. They are all people we know from the district music departments, but we've never really had an opportunity to hang out with them in a social setting. After a few days of trying to figure out where the heck we were going to eat dinner, we all finally decided on The Cheesecake Factory. I was craving mashed potatoes and ended up eating quasadillas (but Phil let me eat some of his potatoes). Good food, expensive drinks, great company. After dinner, we stood outside the Millenia Mall for roughly an hour, just shooting the breeze and trying to decide where to relocate to. We ended up at my favorite place--Club Ale House!! We ended up sitting around and talking until 1 am. It was so much fun--these people were a trip!! Afterwards, Phil and I agreed that we have to do that again sometime. Thanks for the invite Tracey!!

On Saturday night, we all went out to Cowboys to celebrate the end of the school year and my acceptance into grad school. Before meeting Melanie and Katie, we went to dinner with a couple of Phil's friends from his hometown. We ate at Pat O'Brian's in Citywalk. We've been there before so it was no big deal--just a huge check. Then we finally headed to OBT for some line-dancin'!! I don't know what was up, but for some reason every guy we were with was experiencing PMS at some point in the evening. I must say though, my guy had THE WORST case of it!! I was actually very surprised at how Phil was acting. It was very evident (and uncomfortable at times) that he did not want to be there, but instead of saying something beforehand, he just sulked the entire night. Whatever--I had a good time anyway. Me, Katie, and Melanie danced the entire evening. We stayed out longer than we normally do and danced more than we normally dance--even Katie's boyfriend got out on the floor for a little bit. I had so much fun. The only bad thing was that Phil didn't ask me once to slow dance (insert awwww here: ______), and we ended the evening in an argument (but with a good resolution).

Phil's mom was in town on Sunday and Monday, so I took advantage of the alone-time and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. I also started a new book. I've decided that this summer I am reading for me, not my students. I am reading books that I want to read, not just YA Lit.

It ended up being a great last weekend of the school year!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I danced more than a little bit. I was out there for every slow song. I even got down and funky with a little bootie dancing, which i've never done before. I had a good time :)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    I'm glad you came out with us and had a good time. We'll do it again for my Birthday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home