Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, June 06, 2005

Quite the Eventful Weekend

Man, this weekend was jam-packed! On Friday, I worked on getting all my Summer School lessons in order. I am not looking forward to teaching this summer, but I just keep reminding myself that God gave me this job to cover my finances during the summer. When Phil was done with his mini-camp, we went to Steve and Melanie's. As always, we had a lot of fun. We played Phase 10 until 12:30 in the morning. Phil had never played before so it was fun watching him get the hang of it. Katie and Matt announced that they had gotten engaged the evening before, so of course wedding/marriage was the topic of conversation more often than not. Poor Phil got the brunt of that stick. He just gracefully ignored the comments and said, "Huh?' whenever someone asked when we're getting married. It's humorous (at times). Congratulations Katie and Matt!!!

On Saturday, I spent the day with Melanie and her children. Her mom cut and highlighted my hair, and I am still not sure if I like it. Phil, Melanie, and my other friends like it, but I am still not used to it yet. While I was with Melanie, I watched as she took care of her family. She is an amazing mother! I watched in awe as she loaded and unloaded the car, changed diapers, cleaned up throw up, etc... I could never be a mother! Melanie, I am impressed!!!

On Sunday, Phil played keyboard with the Worship Team!! I am so happy. My mom and I have been praying for a while that Phil would grow strong in his relationship with Christ and then find a ministry in which to serve. It was fun watching him on stage (I didn't sing this week, but eventually he and I will be on the same team), struggling to hear himself and make faces whenever he would mess up. The best part was when he began singing as he was playing!! He never sings!! It was so cool. Later in the afernoon, Phil and I went to a funeral for the father of one of his students. It was sad but it looked like the wife was happy to see Phil and I had come to pay our respects. I have never met the man, but I have met his wife and daughter a few times. They are a really nice family, and it was sad to watch everyone say goodbye.

Today, Summer School and my job at Sylvan began. Also, Phil is out of town for a week, so this is going to be a crappy week. I am teaching FCAT Writing to two different groups of incoming 9th graders everyday. Wow!! What an odd age-group. I've never taught this age group before. They are so immature and little. The things they say are very funny though. I can't wait to see some of these kids when they get to my 10th grade class in two years. The best part about today was realizing that I was some of these kids first introduction to the high school experience...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home