Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Saturday, June 04, 2005

God's Masterpiece

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -Psalm 139:13-16

We read this verse at small group the other day and then pondered on the idea of being God's masterpiece. What is a masterpiece? I think of something created so perfectly, that you just step back and stare at it in awe and wonder. It is something you are so proud of that you place it somewhere to be seen by someone or everyone. If this is my working definition of a masterpiece and God created me as a masterpiece, then I have a problem with this. I'm excited that He has made me wonderfully and fearfully and that he considers me as his masterpiece, but am I someone that people should sit back and stare at in awe and wonder? What a responsibilty! I know I am not perfect because I am a sinful person, we all are! If God knew me before I was even formed, then He knew how I would turn out, what choices I would make, what circumstances I would encounter. He created my path, "all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be," yet I choose the stops along the way. Hmmm...

I could go round and round with this but I think it all comes down to one thing: God created us, He knows our past, present, and future. When we entered the world, we entered into sin. It is that sinful nature that will create stops along the path God has already paved for us. God loves us, no matter what and has the desires of our heart waiting for us. It is because we are His children that we decide to stop and ask where He wants us to go and what he wants us to do. We were created fearfully and wonderfully in His eyes. once we accept that, we can accept the task of being God's Masterpiece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home