Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, May 16, 2005

Harassment?

Ok, so some of my students figured out my blog address and found my AIM screen name. They've been passing my screen name around, and think it is a huge joke. Some of them have been daring enough to IM me, but I just block them so they'll leave me alone.

Last night, I was chatting online when a random IM came up. I blocked it, but then a new one popped up. This one was very obscene and rude, on the lines of harassment. Even though it sorta' freaked me out (between that, my camera being stolen, and the robberies in my complex), I wasn't going to do anything. Then today at school some students asked about it and it launched into a whole class discussion about who it was, blah, blah, blah. Of course every class discussion travels from period to period. I had students coming up to me all day long telling me that they heard kids bragging about what they did to me (I guess these smart guys and gals were bragging about it at lunch). I decided to keep a list of names that kept coming up. I didn't have to ask around--they ratted each other out.

After school, I went to one of the deans. He said I need to see the SROs and then they'll do something. Apparently this is a legal matter and the school can't get involved until the police do. The dean wants the list of names so they can start talking to all the kids. I thought this would be a suspension, but apparently this is on the lines of harrassment since it happened outside of school.

Well, for all my brainiac kids who think they are so funny: after tomorrow morning, the SROs will be involved. You think you're funny, and you know I can take a joke, but now you've gone too far. See ya in the morning!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home