Thoughts From The Mind of A Princess

My faith is like shifting sand changed by every wave; My faith is like shifting sand...so I stand on grace. -Caedmon's Call Shifting Sand Isaiah 26:8, James 1:4, James, 1:22-27

Monday, May 23, 2005

A Good Ending to A Looooong Week

I was so looking forward to the weekend. It wasn't the best but I was away from my classroom so that made it alright.

On Friday, I intended to go home and grade, grade, grade while Phil was at a school function. Phil convinced me to come spend some time with him at UHS. It wasn't an ideal situatuion, but he made it worthwhile. He cleaned off a desk in his office and made some space where I could grade away while he took care of his responsibilites. I didn't think it would work but I actually got quite a bit of papers graded. Afterwards, we went to UNO's to eat--they have the best nachos and Bloody Marys.

On Saturday, I had a picnic for one of the clubs I sponsor. Not a lot of students showed up, but we all had a good time. The weather was beautiful, and the park was gorgeous. We ate a lot of food, goofed around, got a little sun, and had an all-around good time. Phil came out for the last hour (I think he wanted the free lunch), so when I was done, we headed to the mall. We walked around, trying to avoid as many of my students as possible (the FL Mall is right next to my school). Phil had an OCB concert he had to be at, so we parted ways. Lucky me went home to continue grading.

I sang at church on Sunday and had a good time. Matt led our team this week, so it was an adjustment to leadership styles, but I like the change. Sarah and I were silly all morning. I always have fun when I sing with her. After church, Phil and I went to the Ale House for lunch (surprise, surprise) and finally got to see Star Wars. It was ok. I like how everything was finally resolved after 30 years, but the overall movie wasn't the best I've seen. I actually think Crash is still my favorite movie of the year. At least I can say I saw Episode III in the theater. After the movie, we went grocery shopping, went home so we could both work on school stuff, cooked dinner, and watched the finale of Desperate Housewives.

Now we've entered the final week of school and I cannot wait for this weekend. Don't forget to reserve Saturday night for Cowboys!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home